In the spirit of turning 25 in 11 days, I’ve been thinking about everything I’ve learned in my 25 years of existence. Some good, some bad, some funny, some sad (see what I did there). Nonetheless, making sure you learn from it all. 1. The youngest child gets away with everything!
2. Your parents want you to experience the things they were never able to.
3. High school is great, but college is SO MUCH BETTER.
4. You learn to like your siblings more as you grow older.
5. You’ll eventually get over your selfcentered-ness.
6. You really only have 1-3 friends who you can call at 3am when your car is broken down and you snuck out of the house.
7. Your parents don’t actually care that you drink underage. They just don’t want you to get caught. HA
8. You actually can’t tweet whatever the hell you want.
9. Growing up blows.
10. But living alone is AWE-SOME!
11. Messing up is okay. Maybe not right when it happens, but later in life it’s funny.
12. You’re going to fall in love. A lot.
13. And break a lot of hearts.
14. Your happiness should come first!
15. You’re more open-minded.
16. You will forever miss college and the friends you made there.
17. You start to become a regular at certain bars or restaurants.
18. You appreciate it more when your parents say “I love you”.
19. Society can suck it and you can do things however you want and be whatever you want.
20. Drinking til 2am on a Tuesday isn’t as fun as it used to be.
21. You miss wearing sweatpants and t-shirts every day.
22. You find your passion.
23. No matter how old you get, Britney Spears will always be the shit.
24. Don’t ever take boyfriends on vacation. Those never turn out well for anyone.
24 1/2. Don’t bring them back from vacation either.
25. Discovering yourself is the most fun thing you will ever do in your entire life.